Aiming to support business growth in the Liverpool City Region (LCR), this year’s LJMU fully funded (at no cost to the business) Internship Programme is primarily targeting small to medium size businesses.
This gives growing businesses the opportunity to get one month of support from a student who is looking to work in the LCR.
The internships will start in a 20-day block in May or June 2020.
The internships are a great opportunity for any business to:
- Bring new skills and fresh ideas into the organisation
- Plug skills gaps in your organisation
- Complete an outstanding project that you have not had time to do yourself
- Develop a business idea
- Planning your business growth
- Give a student an opportunity to develop their world of work skills and attributes
- Look for new talent, particularly if you take a final year student (one-month to match new employees to your business for free)
- Give students an opportunity to prove their business ability, linked to their degree programme
Recommendations from satisfied businesses from 2018
- …both young ladies are a credit to themselves and the University. Colliers International
- We had two fabulous interns, one of which has now started full time employment with another company and the other intern impressed us so much we currently employ her for 16 hours a week until term time commences. Healthiness Ltd
- The student always communicated extremely well and alternative times were agreed prior to the shift. She was extremely hard working throughout her time with us, and always achieved the tasks that were set out. SoMoCo Ltd
- Both interns were very punctual and were flexible if they were needed to stay a little later and swap their agreed days around. They were both keen to learn and therefore dedicated to producing quality work in line with the team’s requirements. Sensor City
How the students benefited
- I have been able to transfer the skills learnt from my degree to working in practice. I have also enhanced my skills through using them while on the internship. The majority of skills I learnt can be used in multiple roles. Real Estate Student
- During my internship as a Graphic Design Studio Assistant, I actually produced some illustration work that I had learnt from the first year of my course so I feel the skills from my course have been transferable to the work experience. Graphic Design & Illustration Student
To host a student and receive full terms and conditions, please email Internships@LJMU.ac.uk or talk to the Employer Engagement Team on 0151 231 6056.