Liverpool City Region Local Enterprise Partnership (LCR LEP) via Growth Platform, are working closely with BEIS, Liverpool City Region Combined Authority, Local Authorities and other partners in the City Region, are looking to enhance the current business support available to business to include Business Resilience relating to COVID-19.
In order to respond to the economic challenges our City Region businesses are facing, BDO LLP have extended their contract to continue to deliver a pro-active programme of engagement, advice and support with SMEs across Liverpool City Region over the next 4 weeks focusing primarily on COVID-19 related issues.
The aim of this work is to ensure that businesses across Liverpool City Region have access to professional advisory support to aid them through the challenges they are facing due to COVID-19.
- Eligibility: SMEs in all sectors.
- Estimated Size of Business: £1m – 45m Turnover
- Estimated Employee Numbers: 10+ Staff
N.B – SMEs outside of these parameters can still be considered following discussion with BDO LLP.
Service will include:
- Professional Advisory support available to businesses with turnover between £1m and £45m, with at least 10 employees, who are facing challenges surrounding COVID-19.
- All businesses referred will get an initial focused diagnostic, which triages to the BDO service, to assess if they need further help in identifying next steps.
- Where a need is identified the provision of 1 to 1 support will be agreed to a maximum of 50 companies, looking at a critical business plan and options available.
- Full reporting will be provided by BDO LLP to Growth Platform. This should include any issues raised, any FAQ’s, and any matters arising to inform policy. All enquiries will be recorded on Evolutive with full visibility to local growth hub partners.
- Where appropriate and specific action is needed BDO LLP will refer to professional services within LCR – to lawyers, insolvency agencies, other specialists – this is not part of the service and the business would need to engage direct with the advisor.
- A series of webinars will also be provided as part of the service and will be published for all businesses on our website and through social media.
- Service will run until Thursday 30 April 2020
- No cost to SME