We have revealed the Christmas songs that are set to become the soundtrack to Liverpool Light Spectacular – the magical, 50-metre tunnel of light and music display on Church Alley (connecting Church Street and Bluecoat) coming to Liverpool this festive season.
The BID is set to illuminate the city’s skies from November 15 through to January 5 with this exciting new attraction, where shoppers, visitors and locals will enjoy a 10-minute spectacular every hour from 4.30pm to 7.30pm (music shows on until December 26).
It has now been announced that the display will also include a playlist of seasonal songs and local anthems to get us all in the Christmas spirit. The seven-song playlist is as follows:
- Last Christmas – Cascada
- Wonderful Christmastime – Paul McCartney
- All You Need is Love – The Beatles
- Waiting for Christmas to Arrive – L.E.Y.T.
- Sleigh Ride – The Ronettes
- All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey
- Carol of the Bell – David Foster
The BID is working with The Festive Group to produce Liverpool Light Spectacular – a replica of the world-famous Christmas display which has appeared on the streets of Málaga in Spain, Oostende in Belgium, and Moscow in Russia with massive success.
Bill Addy, chief executive of Liverpool BID Company, and chair of LVEN (Liverpool Visitor Economy Network), said:
“We are very excited to reveal some more details about the BID’s Liverpool Light Spectacular – it is going to be an amazing new attraction in the city centre this Christmas, with music, lights and festive cheer – we can’t wait for people to experience it.
“It is one of the BID’s main goals to make Liverpool city centre the place to visit for shopping and leisure during the festive period – one of the most important trading times for our levy paying businesses on the high street. By working with our partners at Liverpool City Council and Marketing Liverpool, we believe we have something really special this year that will truly set us apart from other towns and cities across the North West.”
Liverpool Light Spectacular is the main highlight of the BID’s 2019 Christmas campaign, and comes thanks to a BID investment of nearly £250,000, funded by the 1,500 BID levy paying businesses in the city centre. This year shoppers and businesses can also experience:
- A walk-through, 16-metre high artificial tree in Williamson Square.
- Christmas light decorations on Bold Street, Whitechapel, Castle Street, Cook Street, Chapel Street, Exchange Flags and Tithebarn Street.
- Lighting on trees on Church Street, Lord Street, Derby Square, Old Hall Street and Parker Street, including over 2,000 Christmas baubles.
- Angel Selfie display on Castle Street and Clayton Square.
- Christmas workshops at Metquarter and St Johns Shopping Centre.
- The return of the much-loved St Paul’s Square Christmas tree.
The BID investment complements Liverpool City Council’s investment for the traditional Christmas tree on Church Street and festive decorations in St George’s Quarter, Hope Street and other areas of the city centre.