Rail passengers are being asked for their views on how the InterCity West Coast (ICWC) line can deliver better rail services in a government consultation launched on 10 May 2016.
Passengers, businesses and local councils can have their say on the planned improvements for the new franchise, which runs between London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Holyhead, ahead of the start of the competition for a new operator later this year.
The franchise competition will invite bids from operators hoping to run the next ICWC franchise, with the consultation helping to shape the invitation to tender issued later in 2016. The winning train operating company will be announced in November 2017, in time for the franchise to begin in April 2018. The full document and online questionnaire are available at:
The Department for Transport would like views on all areas of the rail service offered through the ICWC franchise but are particularly focussing on:
- Customer experience and satisfaction
- Information, especially at times of disruption
- How train services can better meet the needs of the areas and passengers they serve
- How the franchise can better support the community
- The role that stations fulfil for passengers and communities
- Making the railway more accessible for all
- Fares, ticketing and paying for your journey
The consultation closes at 23.45 on 2 August 2016.