Today there are an estimated 49,000 children and young people in the UK living with a life limiting or life threatening condition who may require palliative care.
Rainbow Trust supports families who have a child aged 0-18 years with a life threatening or terminal illness and need the bespoke support they offer.
Family Support Workers provide a life line to these families and children. Supporting the whole family including parents, carers, the unwell child, brothers, sisters and grandparents.
If you’d like to support the amazing work of Rainbow Trust with us at Kurt Geiger, you can purchase a limited edition Crystal Rainbow Kensington.
£30 from the Crystal Rainbow Kensington and £20 from the mini Crystal Rainbow Kensington will go directly to The Rainbow Trust.
Your donation will make a huge difference to the support they can offer for families;
- £5 could buy a book full of bright pictures to encourage a child’s early language skills.
- £10 could pay for a basic sensory toy to entertain a seriously ill child with special needs. Sensory toys like squidgy balls and fibre-optics provide a fun multi-sensory experience.
- £26 is enough to pay for an hour’s practical and emotional support to a family caring for a seriously ill child, helping them make the most of their precious time.
- £44 could buy a memory box, a wonderful way to capture memories of treasured times. Our Family Support Workers help decorate each box together with brothers and sisters whilst providing much-needed emotional support.
- £182 pays for a day’s visit from a Family Support Worker which allows parents to do chores, look after other family members, relax or simply sleep, safe in the knowledge that their child is being looked after by someone they trust who understands their needs.
- £624 pays for an hour of support a week for six months of bereavement support for one family from one of our expert Family Support Workers who is often with the family from diagnosis to bereavement. This continuity is invaluable to families.
- £1,780 is the average cost of support for a family with a seriously ill child for a year.