- December sales in City Central BID decreased by -1% on Dec 2014. (Sample taken from 150 businesses.)
- UK retail sales, measured by BRC/KPMG, increased +1% on Nov 2014: http://www.brc.org.uk/brc_news_detail.asp?id=2916&kCat=&kData=1
- BDO’s High Street Sales Tracker (HSST) recorded a yoy dip of -5.3%: http://www.bdo.co.uk/press/carnage-on-the-high-street-as-stores-suffer-worst-christmas-for-seven-years
- December footfall in City Central BID was down -4.6% on Dec 2014.
- Footfall across UK was down -3.9% on Dec 2014.
City centre works update:
- Liverpool Council is set to undertake a £3m makeover of Parker Street and Houghton Street, surrounding Clayton Sq and St Johns, starting on 8 Feb.
- Network Rail closed Moorfields to passengers southbound on the Northern Line from January 4 until Spring as part of £12m refurbishment. Work on third and last platform – northbound, Northern line, platform 2 – will also take place in 2016.
- Merseytravel are to undertake a 10 week upgrade of Queen Square bus station from 24 January, which will see resurfacing on inbound lanes in first phase and outbound on second phase. Temporary stops will be on St Johns Lane, Lime Street & Victoria Street, For more go to merseytravel.gov.uk