City Watch BID Officer
What is it?
Your BID levy funds a dedicated City Watch BID Officer who monitors the night time economy radio link to direct cameras and emergency services to issues.
This service operates during retail hours on Thursday during retail hours and on the evenings on Fridays and Saturdays.
This City Watch Officer links with the BID Radio Link to provide extra support for security staff.
The City Watch BID Officer is part of the BID Safety Partnership which includes:
- Two BID Police Officers, who provide BID Levy Payers a direct response to enquiries about safety, anti-social behaviour and security issues.
- Radio Link network with over 130 active businesses to provide reassurance and intelligence sharing,
- Digital platform DISC which allows intelligence sharing across businesses in the city centre.
- Radio Link network is linked with the Council’s CCTV (City Watch) through a BID levy funded officer during retail hours on Thursdays and
on the evenings on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Regular Intelligence Sharing Briefings – Watches to discuss safety issues across the districts to highlight upcoming opportunities with BID Levy Payers. There are bespoke Watches for Banks, Betting Shops, Hotels, Building Lobbies and Retail Shops.
Who is it for?
Evening and night time economy businesses, including bars, clubs and hotels.
How can BID Levy Payers get involved?
To access this service your business needs to be part of the BID Radio Link.