Purple Flag Accreditation
What Is It?
Purple Flag is the national accreditation for the quality, range and diversity of nightlife provision in towns and cities across the UK. Similar to Blue Flag for beaches and Green for parks, Purple Flag is a recognisable ‘kite mark’.
Liverpool obtained Purple Flag ‘Beacon’ Status in 2013 being the first city in the UK to do so without any recommendations from the assessors. The city is re-assessed every four years, with interim assessments conducted remotely.
The Liverpool BID company are a key stakeholder in the City Centre Partnership that works to ensure the city retains this status.
Who is it for?
As a business in the city you are associated with the accreditation and reputation this status symbol brings to the city. It makes the city one that people want to visit because they are assured they will have a great night out, bringing in customers and return visits.
How can BID members get involved?
All businesses are encouraged to get involved and be proactive towards improving the city’s night time economy and there are lots of ways you can do that:
- Get Involved in your BIDs evening and night-time economy forum
- Share your good news, upcoming events and ways you make your business great
- Explore schemes and resources to support your night time activities
- Communicate issues, suggestions and ideas with us about the night time economy
- Subscribe to schemes such as ‘Best Bar None’ and those from ‘ATCM’
- Take part in the BID Best Practice workshops and get your Purple Flag window sticker!
You can find out more about Purple Flag by contacting us on 0151 233 2890.