BID Radio Link
What is it?
The BID currently operates both a day time and an evening and night time economy (ENTE) BID Radio Link, which operates 24 hours a day. Currently, there are over 130 businesses active on the network.
Our radio network uses high quality digital radios that have access to the main city channel and a back-to-back channel.
For reassurance and added security the system is also supported by a bespoke service which keeps transmission recordings for 28 days – meaning they can be used to provide further evidence and information for emergency services.
The BID Radio Link is part of the BID Safety Partnership which includes:
- Two BID Police Officers, who provide BID Levy Payers a direct response to enquiries about safety, anti-social behaviour and security issues.
- Radio Link network with over 130 active businesses to provide reassurance and intelligence sharing,
- Digital platform DISC which allows intelligence sharing across businesses in the city centre.
- Radio Link network is linked with the Council’s CCTV (City Watch) through a BID levy funded officer during retail hours on Thursdays and
on the evenings on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Regular Intelligence Sharing Briefings – Watches to discuss safety issues across the districts to highlight upcoming opportunities with BID Levy Payers. There are bespoke Watches for Betting Shops, Hotels and Retail Shops.
Who is it for?
This service benefits all BID Levy Payers within the BID areas, but mainly retail, night time economy and accommodation.
How can BID Levy Payers get involved?
If you want to join the service, for premises within the BID area there is a £200+vat one-off payment.
If your business is outside the BID area the cost is £300+vat annually*
*A discount is applied to the annual fee if your business has other sites within the BID area – the annual fee would be £200+vat annually.
For more information contact the Liverpool BID Company team on email@example.com or 0151 703 2399.