With an influx of more than 50,000 students expected mid-September and early October, we are holding our campaign Student Takeover across the city centre 23 Sep – 6 Oct and BID Levy Paying businesses can benefit from it.
The main aim of the campaign is to reach students beyond Fresher’s Week, once they have settled in a bit into the city and when they have received their first payment of their student loan.
We will be collating offers and events from BID levy payers and promoting them on your behalf through a paid social media campaign, printed promotional materials mailed out to universities, student unions and student accommodations along with an online presence on the BID website, e-blast and social media channels.
As well as our digital and print campaign, we will be popping-up with our very own Wheel of Fortune on tour through the most popular student locations for students to spin the wheel and win prizes and discount vouchers including:
- Freshers’ Fair at ACC
- The Guild of Student at the University Campus
- St Johns Shopping Centre
- The City of Liverpool College
You can get involved in the ‘Student Takeover’ campaign by:
- Sending us details of your student offer/event
If you are planning to do a 1-day in-store event keep in mind that Liverpool ONE is doing their main event and promotions on Wednesday 25 September.
- Giving away special printed vouchers/discounts/gifts and/or prizes for the Wheel of Fortune pop-up events.
At the last Student Takeover campaign, we directly interacted with 1,000 students who spun and won with the Wheel of Fortune.
You should provide 100-500 of the special voucher/discount/gift. Prizes should be worth £50 at least.
The most demanded items by the students are:
- Booklets with discounts
i.e. £100 worth of vouchers at Wetherspoon venues
- Wristbands offering special deals
i.e. Wear this wristband and get 25% off at PHO on Bold Street
- Printed special giveaways
i.e. 50% off at Voodou
- Welcome dining gift by joining loyalty card
i.e. £20 welcome dining gift from Gino D’Acampo
- Giving away prizes for our social media competition.
Prizes should be worth £50 at least.
- Sending us information about any job opportunities for students.
This will be featured on the digital campaign only.
- Wednesday 11 September – Deadline for content to be included in the printed collaterals
- Thursday 19 September – Deadline for content to be featured just digitally
- Thursday 19 September – Deadline to drop printed vouchers/discounts and prizes to be included at the Wheel of Fortune
Joining the campaign is free for BID Levy Payers*, all you have to do is complete the form below.
*Not sure if you are a BID Levy Payer? Check out the BID Area map here
For businesses outside the BID Area wanting to join Student Takeover, there is a join in fee of £150+VAT. Businesses in the city centre but outside the BID Area operated by BID Levy Payers can join in at a discounted price of £100+VAT per location.