Everton Football Club are pleased to share the results of their first public consultation into their vision to build a new stadium! The first stage of the consultation took place in November and December 2018 and over 20,000 responded with their views!
The consultation was the first of two stages, with a second formal public consultation due to take place in Summer 2019 at which point, Everton Football Club will present designs of the new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock and high level plans for a legacy at Goodison Park. Further on in 2019, The People’s Project will be submitting their planning of applications and the determination of the application will be announced in Spring 2020.
From the 20,000+ people who gave their views:
- 97% said it was important that Everton remain in the City of Liverpool
- 86% agreed it was important that Everton stay in North Liverpool
- 95% agreed the stadium could be used to host non-sporting events such as concerts
- 95% agreed Goodison Park should be redeveloped to create a legacy the community can benefit from with: health facilities, education amenities, community meeting rooms, leisure provision and homes
- 94% agreed Bramley-Moore Dock was an appropriate site for the new stadium
For further details about the People’s Project and the future of Bramley-Moore Dock, please click here.